THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE A STUDY OF AFRIBANK NIGERIAN PLC, ENUGU REGIONAL OFFICE
This research work examined how the environment affects the structure of an organization. It focused on the types of environment in which the business organization operates and how to choose the structure to match the turbulence in the environment based on Griffin 1999.
To solve the problem under investigation a study of Afribank Nigeria Plc Enugu was undertaken. The major findings of this study are;
- Organizations must interact with their environment in order to survive.
- Organizations face different types of environment.
- Organizations respond to changes in their environment by Creating new structures.
- There is need for an organization to identify homogenous segment outside the organization and respond appropriately.
- Organizational performance is low when there is no structural response to changes in the environment.
Based on the above findings, the researcher concluded that the environments have impact on organization structure and hence organization survival and recommends that the organizations should provide flexible organization structure that will easily adapt to changes in the environment.